Advance Your Career With BDS Connected Solutions: Essential Tips To A Successful Job Interview
We know that the job hunt can be stressful, but we’re here to help make your next job interview a breeze! Whether your job interview is in person or virtual, it is essential to practice interview etiquette. With just a few simple preparation tips and techniques, you can leave a good first impression on your interviewer. Keep reading to find out how to nail your next interview and successfully score a job offer!
Test Your Tech
Technology can be finicky, but there are precautions you can take to prepare that will help your interview run smoothly. Being skilled with technology is one of the top competencies that employers are currently looking for. Prove to your interviewer that you are skilled and experienced with technology by following these easy steps prior to your meeting:
- Install your interviewers virtual meeting platform
- Check your internet with a speed test
- Test your microphone
- Try a practice interview with a friend
Dress to Impress
Even during a virtual interview, you should expect to dress professionally to make a good first impression. When it comes to in-person interviews, you may only have to focus on your professional appearance, however, in the new era of virtual interviews, you must focus on your space, background, audio quality, and lighting as well. In a virtual interview, you want to present yourself as put together, organized, and polished to represent yourself and the quality of your work in a positive light. Before your interview, make sure to:
- Dress professionally
- Find a clean, simple, and plain background
- Tidy up your clutter
- Incorporate bright lighting
- Eliminate distractions
Preparation Is Key
Once your interview begins, it is time to let your personality shine! Prepare for your interview to minimize nervousness. Show that you are visibly engaged in the conversation by asking questions that give the interviewer a sense of your personal goals and work ethic. Represent yourself well by proving your experience and skillset through the stories you share as well as your body language. Follow these steps to prepare for your next interview:
- Prepare notes, but use them sparingly
- Engage in the conversation with exceptional delivery
- Show genuine interest – Are you passionate about the role and/or industry? Does the job align with your career growth goals?
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the role and company
- Have 3-4 questions prepared to ask your interviewer at the end of the interview
- Ask questions that reflect your values – Does the company’s culture align with your personal values and priorities?
Don’t Forget to Follow Up
Successful job searches involve solidifying the good impression you made during your interview by writing a follow-up letter or email. After your interview, you will have a better understanding of the role you interviewed for and the company culture. Reaffirm your interviewer of your interest and why you are the strongest fit for that position. Be respectful and patient with follow-ups, even if you are anxious for a response. Follow our quick guide to writing follow-up letters that will leave a lasting impression:
- Maintain a positive tone
- Thank the interviewer for their time and consideration
- Mention something that was memorable from the interview
- Briefly explain why you will be a strong fit for the position
- Proofread and spellcheck your email
- Check your email regularly for a response and respond in a timely manner
Now that you’re interview-ready, take the next step in your career with BDS Connected Solutions! With immediate job openings in Break Fix, Assisted Selling, Corporate, Field Team Management, Retail, Training & Market Development Management, you can find a career that aligns with your experience and professional goals.
The perks of joining the BDS Family?
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Scheduling
- Benefits Packages
- Growth Opportunities
…just to name a few! Visit Careers | BDS Connected Solutions For Retail Marketing (bdssolutions.com) to learn more about each position and why you should work for BDS.
Thanks for reading!
Follow the latest industry trends with insights straight from our experts: BDS Marketing Blog.