BDS has made an active commitment to better the environment and encourage our employees to do the same. We have implemented a variety of environmentally responsible initiatives in an effort to make a positive impact on the environment.
A few milestones as of today:
- During our 2011 remodel, we reused and remanufactured all of our cubical stations saving them from the landfill.
- We save about 120 trees annually through our Shred-it® paper recycling program.
- Our Waste Management recycling program includes aluminum, plastic, steel, paper, chipboard, corrugated, Styrofoam, and wood. BDS fills a 3 yard bin of recycling materials weekly.
- Eliminated paper coffee cups by providing reusable mugs to each employee.
- Installed smart power strips at all work stations that shut off power when computers are turned off.
- Replaced all lighting at our corporate building with high-efficiency bulbs and sensor switches to drastically reduce power consumption.
- Encourage each employee to make a conscientious effort to reduce the amount of energy they use each day.